Ted has had training and experience with several spiritual traditions over the last twenty-five years, with expertise in many types of altered states of consciousness that can be a result of spiritual practices or spontaneous circumstances, including:
- Spiritual Crisis/Emergency
- Spiritual Awakening
- Kundalini (Awakening/Process/Syndrome)
- A recent interview with Ted on this subject has been published on Lissa Rankin’s blog.
- Heightened Prana/Chi Intensity
- The Shadow and other psychological issues
- Psi Issues (Precognition, Synchronicity, Telepathy, Psychokinesis, Clairvoyance, Clairaudience, Clairsentience, etc.)
- Dark Night of the Soul
- Lucid Dreams & Out-of-Body Experiences
- Unitive Consciousness/Nonduality/Ego Dissolution
- Divine Experiences
- Shamanic Issues
- Existential Crisis
- Loss or Change of Faith or Tradition
- Past Lives
- Entheogenic (Psychedelic) Experiences
- Near-Death Experience
- Void Experiences
- Channel/Medium Experiences
- Spontaneous Healing Experiences
- ET/UFO Experiences
- Mystical or Tantric Sexual Experiences
- Ritual or community problems
- Flow States
Spiritual Counseling Approach
- Consciousness Studies – Secular & Religious Mysticism
- Eastern & Western Esotericism
- Global Syncretism – Local Traditionalism
- Personal Mythology – Recovering Indigenous Mind
I would enjoy working with you as a spiritual counselor in any capacity that would be a good fit for you–long or short-term. The way I tend to work with people is to first discover your spiritual and life goals, experiences, interests, and inclinations, then meet you where you are, rather than imposing a pre-existing system on you.
While some of my clients practice within a number of religious traditions, many of them have a “spiritual but not religious” outlook, and while this orientation can have many strengths, it can sometimes have subtle drawbacks that I have put a lot of thought and practice into addressing.
Often, a main goal is to increase your ability to contact, communicate, and be able to rely upon your inner guidance as rapidly as possible and take any spiritual insights or realizations that you’ve had further and in a grounded way, so that you can integrate them within the rest of your life.
In addition, I also do guided, intuition and energy healing work as well. Because of my training, experience, and exposure to several traditions over the years, I am usually able to adapt to your individual needs. However, if there are areas where that may not be the case, I enjoy finding gifted spiritual teachers, counselors or therapists who can address your needs through the Spiritual Emergence Network or other means.
I am available for sessions between 15 minutes to custom week-long retreats. If you have any questions about how we may be able to work together, please contact me.